Monday, January 28, 2013

Checking In...

So my last semester of the BSN program is finally under way. It has totally consumed everything I do. I feel like I never sleep or eat or well... anything. I've cried so many times that I can't remember. I've felt like I was going to fail the entire time, and there's still that fear in the back of my mind that I just won't make it through one more semester of this madness. My schedule is overwhelming and confusing. I'm amazed that our teachers have found nooks and crannies to fit lectures, exams, and clinicals in where I could swear there were only 24 hours in a day. My little one will be two and a half this next month, and although I love him more than anything, he's not the best study buddy. I just can't do anything but give him my full attention when he's awake. I bow down to the mothers out there that don't cry every day out of exhaustion. I just want a bath and to sleep 12 hours... even eight would be good. I don't think I mentioned it before, but we got orders for Italy. I don't like sharing news too early, but I think it's okay at this point. I just have to finish the semester and take my nursing license exam. I wasn't happy about getting orders to move everything around the world, but I'm warming up to the idea. I just don't want to do all the things in between now and sitting on the balcony of our villa eating pasta. Nursing school, the NCLEX exam, passports, packing, customs, a toddler and a dog on a SUPER long flight, and then all the classes I have to take when I get there. That's the part I really don't like. Otherwise, I'm optimistic that it will be an awesome end to these last few months of nursing school. I've also started a new venture with Origami Owl jewelry. I had never heard of it until the past couple of months, and it just struck me so well that I signed up for their waiting list to be a designer. Since they're a new company they don't have many designers yet. They're also the second largest growing sales company in the United States. It's growing so quickly. It was founded by a 14-year-old too. So impressive! I got my designer start-up kit last week, and went to the regional training in Nashville on a whim. I've only been signed up for a week now, and I've had to restock every item at least three times. I can't keep it in stock. I wear my locket almost every day. I love being asked about it and telling people what all the charms represent. It's a reminder for me that I'm loved, I can do anything I put my heart into, I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful little boy, and I'm on track for a beautiful life of being a nurse in Italy. I guess the lockets are more than just jewelry for me. They're almost therapy. When I'm lost, lonely, stressed, or feeling blue, I just look at it, and I'm reminded of all my blessings and strength. I'm just really in-love with the jewelry and the philosophy of the company. It just makes me feel empowered and happy! :-) I guess jewelry often does that for many women. I just didn't know I was one of them. Well, I think that pretty much sums up what I've been doing and where I am now. :-) If you've made it this far reading then thank-you for "listening" to my blabber. I'll be sure to throw in a free charm for your locket if you mention the word "blessings". Shhh... ;-) Bye for now, lovelies!


3 comments:

Mamma has spoken said...

WOW that's a lot of happenings! I remember studying for my master's degree with two toddlers in the house. Fond memories now of them crawling around the floor while I was trying to type a paper and the would unplug my typewriter making me loose all that I had written. Of course this is back before computers and having a neatly written paper was part of the grade.
True blessings...
Enjoy Italy, it should be an interesting place to be!

Estivalia said...

being afraid is a sign we're alive, but don't listen to the little annoying voice, YOU CAN DO THIS!

You're a mom, a wife, a soldier and, soon, you'll be nurse too! You're going to kick this semester's butt Laura, because you ARE awesome and deserve all the good things happening to you!

And wherever life takes you, you'll carry that awesomeness with you <3

Ella Niemela said...

I need you to design on for me