Monday, March 30, 2015

Birthday Snuggles Layout

Well, I told you I was inspired by that sketch a couple days ago, didn't I?  Yup! I'm still using it. This time, I flipped it upside down and gave it a whirl. Here, let me flip it for you...



Well, that was fun! I think I'm going to have to visit the sketch gallery over at Scrapbook & Cards Today for some more. What do you think? 


I created my title in Silhouette and used the negative image for the base followed by the rest of the title cut from a double layer of vellum. Although the vellum was coral it started to look pink once it was cut out and layered, so I took a melon colored marker and tinted it a bit darker from the backside before adhering it. 


This "*the cutest thing ever" and the "August" on my date tab are both rub-ons from Crate Paper. I am absolutely in love with rub-ons. I wish more companies would make them. They're way more satisfying than stamps for applications like this.


In case you can't tell, this layout uses three Project Life cards. The one with my journaling on it, the striped piece behind my photo edge, and the laser cut wood veneer. They all came from my Studio Calico Project Life kits. Well, all of the papers, embellishments, & even the tag die on this layout were from Studio Calico kits. I think the only things that aren't are the date stamp (Becky Higgins), the die cut tab (Chic Tags), and that tiny little star clip (Making Memories). I have a whole little trinket dish full of those in my desk. They're just lovely, and I wish Making Memories was still making collections. I loved their stuff. :-(


Any-who... I really hope you like my layout today. If you have a project based on S&CT's sketch, please feel free to share it with us. I know I would love to see and share your projects. Stay crafty, my friends!
Supply List:
Cardstock - American Crafts (Storm)
Patterned Paper - Studio Calico "Compli-mint-ary" (Far Far Away kit) & "Grid 01"
Vellum - Studio Calico "Poet Society" kit (Doodlebug - coral)
Ombre Thread - Coats
Sewing Machine - Singer
Machines - Silhouette of America, Cuttlebug, Singer
Printer & Photo Paper - HP
Date Stamp - Becky Higgins
Star Clip - Making Memories
Trimmer - Fiskar's
Tag Die: Studio Calico
Project Life Cards: Studio Calico (Grand Central, Mirror Mirror, & Far Far Away)
Tab Die Cut Shape - Chic Tags
Marker: Stampin Up! "Crisp Cataloupe"
Rub-Ons: Crate Paper "Notes & Things"
Adhesives - Glue Dots, & This to That foam dots & tape runner (American Crafts)

1 comment:

The Journey said...

Lovely! I found you again. Did you take down your site- Stamping Soldier? I loved see what you did there.